Grievance Handling – French Course
December 9 from 9:00 am to December 11 at noon
(2 and 1/2 days)
This grievance handling course will develop your knowledge, skills and confidence in effectively handling grievances at the workplace. You will spend time on the technical aspects of grievance handling such as identifying, investigating, drafting, and presenting grievances. Members must have the TUB or equivalent union experience.
Who is this training for?
This training is for members who are already stewards in their workplace or for members who want to become stewards.
The virtual version of the grievance handling course consists of 7 different modules, of two to three hours each, over two and half days.
By the end of the course, participants will:
• Know what a grievance is and where the right to grieve comes from;
• Understand their legal and contractual rights and obligations as union representatives in the grievance process;
• Understand how the grievance process works;
• Know how to write a grievance;
• Be able to fully prepare for a grievance hearing;
• Be able to motivate and involve members in the grievance process;
• Be able to effectively present a grievance to management;
• Be able to prepare a grievance file that can be used at all stages of the grievance process.
|Thursday, December 9||9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.||Modules 1, 2 and 3|
|Friday, December 10||9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.||Modules 4, 5 and 6|
|Saturday, December 11||9:00 a.m. to noon||Module 7 and wrap-up|