Introduction for New Local Officers – French Course
February 23-24 from 9:00 am to 4:30pm
Despite the pandemic, the life of our Locals has continued. Presidents have retired, treasurers have left their positions after accepting employment with another employer, new shop stewards have taken over; in short, many members have taken on new responsibilities. How can the PSAC support these new leaders so that they can effectively represent their members?
Who is this training for?
This training is intended only for Local elected officers who has been elected during the last 3 years.
This is a virtual course on two consecutive days, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm each day.
- How to Develop Local Priorities
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of executive members and allocate tasks
- Identify the rights that union members have in their workplace
- Learn more about the collective agreement and how to use the rights specified
- Know the importance of collective bargaining and how to involve the local in the bargaining process
- Develop knowledge of the grievance process and what are the steps in this process
|February 23||9:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.|
|February 24||9:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.|