PSAC Convention Procedures-FRENCH COURSE
April 6, 2021, 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sign-up Deadline: March 30, 2021
This online course will familiarize delegates to the PSAC-NCR Regional Convention – from May 13 to 16 – with two important components of a convention:
- How resolutions are debated at a PSAC Convention and what are the voting procedures;
- What are the rules of order that will be used at the Regional Convention.
Who is this course for?
This course is reserved in priority for PSAC members who are registered as delegates or observers to the next Regional Convention. If space remains available, members who have already confirmed attendance at a component convention may be accepted.
This course presented on Tuesday 6 April, from 6:30 to 9:00 pm, lasts 2.5 hours and will be offered on the Zoom platform.
This course aims to enable participants to:
- Be familiar with how resolutions are prioritized by convention committees
- Develop strategies for getting support for resolutions in the lead-up to convention
- Know how to prepare to speak to a resolution at the mic
- Be able to explain how voting works at Convention
- Be able to explain the purpose of Rules of Order
- Be familiar with the most frequently used Rules of Order and;
- Have increased their comfort level with the PSAC Rules of Order