Talking Union Basics-Condensed-French Course
June 17, 2021-June 19, 2021, 9am - 4pm
Sign-up Deadline: June 10, 2021
The TUB is the “cornerstone” of our PSAC Education Program and a prerequisite for most of our other courses. This course will introduce you to the PSAC, its structure, how to become involved and the fundamentals of trade union action. Emphasis is put on members’ rights in the workplace and in the union; on understanding and using the collective agreement and on union mechanisms to obtain and protect rights.
Who is this course for?
This virtual training is intended for all PSAC members, especially new members who are new to the history and structure of this large, pan-Canadian union. You will not be accepted if you have already taken the TUB.
The virtual version of the TUB consists of 7 modules of 2 to 3 hours each.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- know why workers need unions,
- understand the basic principles and values of the PSAC,
- know what the PSAC looks like, how it operates, how to participate and who to go to for information and help,
- know their basic rights and how to exercise their rights,
- understand their obligations as union members,
- be able to read, interpret and apply their collective agreement.
This virtual training offered on Zoom will take place in English on the following dates.
PLEASE NOTE! You must commit to completing ALL THE MODULES. You may request union leave with or without pay according to the terms of your collective agreement. The “Condensed” version over three days:
|Thursday, June 17||9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.||Modules 1, 2 and 3|
|Friday, June 18||9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.||Modules 4, 5 and 6|
|Saturday, June 19||9:00 a.m. to noon||Module 7 and wrap-up|