BWXT/PSAC-UNE 70368 Ratification vote (English only)
June 21 2021, 11am - 5pm
The PSAC and BWXT have reached a tentative agreement!
In order to be eligible to vote, you must:
- Ensure you are a member in good standing (MIGS)
- Attend a mandatory information session in its entirety
STEP 1: ENSURE YOU ARE A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING (MIGS)
In some situations, PSAC members are not yet, or have ceased being, members in good standing (MIGS) and lose the right to participate in ratification votes. These include:
- Extended leave
- If you are on extended leave (e.g., long term disability, maternity or parental leave, etc.) you are no longer a member in good standing (MIGS), therefore, you must make a request to remain in good standing to the National President via this online form. Once your request has been approved, please forward the email to email@example.com in order to ensure your vote is counted.
- Signing Your Union Card
- If you have never signed a union card, please fill out a Pledge Card online which will update your MIGS status. Following your submission, please forward the email confirmation you will receive to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to ensure your vote is counted.
- If you have already signed a temporary membership card, you do not need to sign a new one.
- If you have difficulty at any time in the process, please contact your PSAC Regional Office at email@example.com or by phone 613-714-4829.
STEP 2: ATTEND A MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSION IN ITS ENTIRETY
- The PSAC constitution requires all members to attend a mandatory information session before they vote. These sessions will be held by GoToWebinar and will allow members to ask questions regarding the content of the tentative agreement. The dates and times of the sessions are listed below.
- Note, attendance will be tracked, and only those who attended the information session in its entirety, will have their member profile updated on the e-voting system, ensuring that their vote is counted.
- If you require any accommodation in order to participate fully in the webinar (such as ASL interpretation), please contact the PSAC Regional office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 613-714-4829.
- Technical notes
- Please join the session a few minutes early to make sure you are able to log-in and address any technical problems in advance.
- Please note that we strongly encourage you to join the Information Session by web browser (Internet Explorer is not supported by GoToWebinar), or with the GoToWebinar app.
- We do not recommend joining by phone unless you have no other option, those joining by phone will not have access to the question box or the visual presentation, and must also complete an additional identification process in order to confirm their attendance and ensure their vote will be counted.
- Please ensure to use your personal device to access the Webinar, as the employer’s network will often restrict access to GoToWebinar software.
- Registrations will be closed 2 hours prior to the start of the information session. Registrations received after that timeframe will not be processed.
|Monday, June 21||11:00 am to 12:00 pmREGISTRATIONS CLOSED||English only|
|Monday, June 21||4:00 pm to 5:00 pmREGISTRATIONS CLOSED||English only|
STEP 3: VOTING
Only after you have attended the a mandatory information session in its entirety, and your membership status has been confirmed, will your vote be counted.
- You can vote any time from June 23 – 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (at the Couryard BWXT).
- For the morning shift please vote prior to leaving BWXT at the end of your shift
- For the evening shift please arrive early to vote prior to your shift.
- If your membership is not up to date you will be asked to sign a Union card.
- This vote is by secret ballot.