OAG – UNE Local 70153 – Strike vote
October 26, 2021 from noon to 1 pm
Members of PSAC-UNE Local 70153 at Office of the Auditor General have been without a contract since September 2018. The employer has so far been unwilling to consider reasonable solutions to resolve these issues.
The employer is refusing to budge on core demands such as achieving a wage grid like almost every other group in the federal public sector, fair economic increases and maintaining pay parity for certain classifications with non-union workers that received significant increases.
The Bargaining Team filed for conciliation with the Public Interest Commission (PIC) and the Commission sided with the union’s proposals. Despite the PIC’s decision, the employer is still unwilling to consider reasonable solutions to resolve these issues. That is why we will be holding strike votes in order to seek a strong strike mandate from the membership and to give our bargaining team the leverage they need to undertake strike action if necessary.
- Download virtual meeting backgrounds, email signature graphics, and a profile picture for Teams here to show your support for bargaining
- FAQ: What you need to know about strike votes
Please note that all members of the OAG Bargaining Unit are eligible to vote on the strike question.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE, YOU MUST:
- Ensure you are a member of the OAG Bargaining Unit
- Register for a mandatory information session
- Attend a mandatory information session in its entirety
- Receive your voter package containing your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
STEP 1: ENSURE YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE OAG BARGAINING UNIT
Once you have registered, you may receive an additional email regarding your Union Membership Status. In some situations, PSAC members are not yet, or have ceased being, members in good standing (MIGS) and lose their MIGS status.
- Extended Leave
- If you are on extended leave (e.g., long term disability, maternity or parental leave, etc.) you are no longer a member in good standing (MIGS), therefore, you must make a request to remain in good standing to the National President via this online form. Once your request has been approved, please forward the email to email@example.com in order to ensure your vote is counted.
- Signing Your Union Card (non-mandatory for a strike vote)
- If you have never signed a union card, please fill out a union card online which will update your MIGS status. Following your submission, please forward the email confirmation you will receive to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have difficulty at any time in the process, please contact your PSAC Regional Office at email@example.com or by phone 613-714-4829.
STEP 2: REGISTER FOR A MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSION
Registrations will be closed 2 hours prior to the start of each information session. Registrations received after that timeframe will not be processed.
|Tuesday, October 26||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm||English|
|Wednesday, October 27||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm||French|
STEP 3: ATTEND A MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSION IN ITS ENTIRETY
- The PSAC constitution requires all members to attend a mandatory information session before they vote. These sessions will be held on GoToWebinar and will allow members to ask questions. The dates and times of the sessions are listed below.
- Note, attendance will be tracked, and only those who attended the information session in its entirety, will have their member profile updated on the e-voting system, ensuring that their vote is counted.
- If you require any accommodation in order to participate fully in the webinar (such as ASL interpretation), please contact the PSAC Regional office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 613-714-4829.
- Technical notes
- Please join the session a few minutes early to make sure you are able to log-in and address any technical problems in advance.
- Please note that we strongly encourage you to join the Information Session by web browser (Internet Explorer is not supported by GoToWebinar), or with the GoToWebinar app.
- We do not recommend joining by phone unless you have no other option, those joining by phone will not have access to the question box or the visual presentation, and must also complete an additional identification process in order to confirm their attendance and ensure their vote will be counted.
- Please ensure to use your personal device to access the Webinar, as the employer’s network will often restrict access to GoToWebinar software.
STEP 4: RECEIVE YOUR VOTER PACKAGE CONTAINING YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN)
- PSAC members for whom we have a personal email, will receive their voter package containing their voting PIN, which will be sent by email on October 25, 2021 from the company authorized to conduct the vote, Intelivote Systems Inc., @Intelivote.com.
- If you have not received your PIN by October 26, please contact the regional office vote line at email@example.com or by phone at 613-714-4829.
- please check your junk e-mail folder as it could be sent there.
- YOU DO NOT NEED YOUR PIN TO REGISTER FOR OR ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION – PLEASE REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
STEP 5: VOTE
Only after you have attended a mandatory information session in its entirety, will your vote be counted.
- The instructions on how to vote will only be provided during the mandatory information session, and will also be provided in your confirmation email of attendance. The confirmation email will be sent 1 hour after the session.
- Using your voting PIN, you can vote anytime after attending an information session.
- This vote is by secret ballot.