Webinar: Fighting Racism and Discrimination in our Society
Wednesday, December 15, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m
As part of International Human Rights Day, this webinar will be presented at 6:30 p.m. on Zoom on Wednesday, December 15 and will feature a panel discussion followed by a questions and answers session on issues of racism and discrimination. Panelists will be invited to discuss the following topics:
- How do we ensure that those responsible for managing departments, businesses or organizations are a true reflection of the communities they serve?
- What do you think a workplace free of racism and discrimination should look like?
- How should workers and managers in these workplaces react when they experience or witnesses overt aggressions or microaggressions?
- Jan Simpson, National President of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, the first Black woman to lead this great national union;
- Courtney Betty, lawyer, president of Betty Law and legal representative of a collective of Black employees in the Public Service of Canada.
The webinar will last approximately 2 hours.
Open to all PSAC members and to the general public.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please note that Mariam Abou-Dib will not be able to participate in the webinar, as previously stated.