The purpose of the Hardship Fund is to provide assistance of an emergency nature, including but not restricted to urgent matters of food and shelter, to members who are incurring/have incurred financial hardship due to being on strike or honouring a picket line. It is not intended to be a source of supplementary strike pay.
Please read the following information in order to assess whether you meet the conditions to apply.
- The Hardship Fund will not be available to members who are on paid leave or leave of absence during the strike, members designated for essential services or who otherwise crossed the picket line without the expressed authorization of the Strike Coordinator
- Must be a member in good standing
- Requests are not for the purpose of supplementing strike pay or to cover loss of salary normally earned at work
- Requests must be for a tangible emergency or undue hardship
- The member must have exhausted all other options including deferral of loans
- Any other supplementary pay or top up (Component and local) will be considered in a decision
- A member must have received strike pay for at least three days to be eligible for a payment
- The member must not be receiving pay for more than one pay period (normally at least three weeks)
- An applicant must provide the committee with a declaration of all income earned by their household for the period of the strike.
If you meet all of the criteria, please complete the application form linked here.