350.org is calling for a Global Day of Action to call on governments to reclaim the excessive profits of the fossil fuel industry and to invest this money into renewable energy and to plan and finance a just transition for workers.
We’ve all witnessed how climate change can affect our lives: floods, wildfires, increasing occurrences of natural disasters, tornado warnings throughout the summer to name a few. We need to demand immediate action from our governments to power up renewable alternatives to pass on a livable future.
The Ottawa Area Council is organizing a PSAC delegation to join the event at Parliament Hill and invites you to join! Please RSVP so we know how many flags and signs to bring.
When: November 4
- 12:00 p.m. Meet up in the parking lot of 233 Gilmour (PSAC HQ). Make a quick sign, have coffee, and get ready to walk to Parliament Hill (about 17 minutes)
- 12:40 p.m. Leave PSAC and walk to the Hill together
- 1:00 p.m. Arrive at Parliament Hill for the event starting at 1.
There will be parking available at 233 Gilmour Street (PSAC headquarters) on a first come first served basis and we will march together from there to go join our siblings on the Hill. We’ve also outlined transit routes to get to 233 Gilmour and accessibility information below.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Learn more about the Global Day of Action
- Free parking will be available at 233 Gilmour on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In order to access 233 Gilmour, the following OC Transpo bus routes are available: Routes 6, 7, 11 and 14. For further questions about transit access to the event locations, please refer to the OC Transpo Travel Planner or Para Transpo website.