To establish a PSAC NCR Taxi Chit Policy for NCR Committees and Area Councils containing guidelines and procedures focusing on the use of taxi chits for the members attending the NCR Regional Committee and/or Area Councils’ meetings or purposes.
The use of taxi chits may be authorized for the PSAC National Capital Regional Committees and Area Councils when deemed necessary.
- Only the PSAC NCR Committees and Area Councils’ Chairperson are to be supplied with a taxi chit booklet from the PSAC NCR REVP Office.
- It is the responsibility of a PSAC NCR Committee and Area Councils’ Chairpersons and/or NCR Treasurer to authorize the use of a taxi chit for a member returning home after attending its meeting in full.
- Only companies identified on the taxi chit are to be given the opportunity to provide service to a PSAC NCR Committee and Area Councils’ member.
All inquiries regarding this Policy should be routed through the PSAC NCR REVP Office.
The PSAC NCR Treasurer and/or the Office of the Regional Executive Vice President will monitor how all PSAC NCR Committees and Area Councils apply this Policy through monthly financial reports and fiscal regional audits.
- The PSAC NCR Committee and Area Councils Chairpersons are expected to monitor the use of a taxi chit to ensure that it is in keeping with this Policy.
- Any discrepancies in regards to a taxi chit will be reported to the PSAC NCR Committee and Area Councils Chairperson by the PSAC NCR Treasurer and/or the Office of the NCR Regional Executive Vice President.
- Any unauthorized use of a taxi chit will be charged back to the member having benefited from a taxi service.
APPENDIX A – Standardized Taxi Chit
1.1 Use of a Taxi Chit
Each chit must include:
- Name and signature of member using the chit
- Date and time
- Location (to and from)
- Taxi driver ID and car number
- Reason for travel
- Fare amount (tips are not allowed)
APPENDIX B – PSAC NCR Taxi Chit Directive
2.1 Issuance of a Taxi Chit:
- No reasonable public bus service is available in the area of the NCR Committee or Area Councils meeting’s location;
- No reasonable public bus service is available in the area of the participant’s residence;
- For reasons of safety and health concerns;
- Carpooling is unavailable;
- All other transportation options have been exhausted;
- Teleconferencing is unavailable;
- Pre-approved by the NCR Committee or Area Councils Chairperson or Treasurer prior to a meeting of this Committee, and
- Is only issued at the end of a NCR Committee or Area Councils meeting.
Please submit a copy of the log sheet to the Office of the REVP after each meeting or event to which a taxi chit was issued:
PSAC NCR Committees – Taxi Chits Log Sheet
2.2 Members are encouraged to, whenever possible:
- Share a taxi chit
- Use their personal vehicle