- New PSAC leadership elected:
- Chris Aylward as National President
- Magali Picard as National Executive Vice-President
- Sharon DeSousa, Alternate National Executive Vice-President
Budget and Constitution
- Budget passed with overwhelming support and strengthens collective bargaining, representation and campaigns.
- A small dues increase will be offset by an end to the special pension-insolvency levy currently in place until the end of December 2018.
- Constitutional resolutions passed to increase subsidy for members travelling to Regional Triennial Conventions.
- Additional funding increased for Area Council to help carry out political action work.
Programs and Campaigns
- Passing of policy statement on Phoenix seeking to hold the government accountable, including at the ballot box in 2019.
- Other major initiatives include:
- a campaign to address precarious work;
- Indigenous awareness training;
- continuing the anti-privatization campaign;
- increased support to members fighting harassment in the workplace; and
- stepping up action on domestic violence.