SHRCC/PSAC-UNE 70372 Mandatory Information Sessions & Ratification Vote
The PSAC and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) have reached a tentative agreement
In order to be eligible to vote you must ensure the following steps are followed/met:
- Ensure you are a member in good standing (MIGS)
- Attend a mandatory information session
- Have received your voter package containing your Personal Identification Number (PIN) by e-mail
- How to vote
STEP 1: ENSURE YOU ARE A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING (MIGS)
In some situations, PSAC members are not yet, or have ceased being, members in good standing (MIGS) and lose the right to participate in ratification votes. These include:
- Extended leave
- If you are on extended leave (e.g., long term disability, maternity or parental leave, etc.) you are no longer a member in good standing (MIGS), you can make a request to remain in good standing to the National President via this online form. This will allow you to participate in the ratification vote.
- Signing Your Union Card
- If you have never signed a union card, you will not be able to participate in the ratification process. You can fill out the temporary union card online which will ensure your MIGS status for the duration of the voting period. This is only a temporary card and you will be asked to sign an actual membership card once the pandemic is over and we return to our offices.If you have difficulty at any time in the process, please contact your PSAC Regional Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 613-714-4829.
STEP 2: ATTEND A MANDATORY INFORMATION SESSION
- The PSAC constitution requires all members to attend an information session before they vote. These sessions will be held by Zoom and will allow members to ask questions regarding the content of the tentative agreement. The date and times of the sessions are listed below.
- Attendance will be tracked and only those who attended the full presentation will have their member profile updated on the e-voting system, enabling them to vote.
- Requests for special accommodation
- If you require any accommodation to be able to participate fully in the webinars (such as ASL interpretation), please contact your PSAC Regional office as soon as possible at email@example.com or by phone 613-714-4829.
- Technical notes
- Please join the session a few minutes early to make sure you are able to log-in and address any technical problems in advance.
- Please ensure to write your full first and last name in order to be identified as a member and allowed into the session.
STEP 3: RECEIVE YOUR VOTER PACKAGE CONTAINING YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN)
- For those PSAC members for whom we have a personal email, your voter package containing your voting PIN we will be sent to you by email on April 9, 2021 from sender Intelivote.com.
- If you have not received your PIN, please contact the regional office vote line at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-714-4829.
- please check your junk e-mail folder as it could be sent there.
Please select from one of the links below to join the Information Session of your choice:
|Date||Time||Language||Link to join the session|
|April 9||11:30 am||French||https://psac-afpc.zoom.us/j/62661197822?pwd=YUV3QlMwSjhkc0praUJXOFlLVU83Zz09|
|April 9||12:30 pm||English||https://psac-afpc.zoom.us/j/62469240150?pwd=a2dhMlhoY2w0ZUNDZTE5YndqSmw0QT09|
STEP 4: HOW TO VOTE
Once you have attended an information session and your membership status has been confirmed, your will be able to vote.
- The voting instructions will be included in the voter package from Intelivote.
- Using the PIN that was sent to you by e-mail, you can vote any time between Friday, April 9 from noon until 5:00 pm.
- This vote is by secret ballot.b